Deacs in Love: Meghan and Rob Vendley
He was happy to make a Facebook status change
My wife, Meghan Forry Vendley (’11), and I met the first day of freshman year, went to a Theta Chi fraternity party and started dating soon after.
We were in Wake’s Army ROTC program for four years and commissioned as 2nd Lieutenants in the U.S. Army in May of 2011. We are assigned to the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division and are serving a nine-month tour in Afghanistan.
Fun facts about us:
1. We’re both military intelligence officers
2. We live in Savannah, Ga. (when we’re not in Afghanistan)
3. We both graduated in May of 2011 (she majored in communication, I majored in political science)
4. We were married on June 3, 2011 (so we graduated from Wake and commissioned in the Army on May 16, and then got married a few weeks later in Kent Island, Md.)
5. I asked her to be my girlfriend by saying “So … what are we?” to which she replied “Do you want to change your Facebook status, Rob?”
Send your “Deacs in Love” story to !